You've booked your Picture Day with Lifetouch Preschool Portraits. The date is set and now it's up to you and your staff to prepare for the best experience yet. Parents are eagerly waiting to frame those amazing school pictures, and you want to not only deliver but surpass their expectations.
With plentiful tools from Lifetouch, preparing for Picture Day is simple. By taking a few proactive steps you can make sure the photographers have everything they need to get the best portraits possible and the children are prepared to smile big and let their personalities shine.
Go through this checklist in advance of Picture Day to ensure a great experience for all:
- Review the Promotional Material Kit provided by Lifetouch and get organized. This has everything you need to promote Picture Day.
- Fill in the posters with necessary Picture Day information and hang in high-traffic areas so all parents and caregivers see the information. Then, distribute parent flyers to all your families so they can give Lifetouch their Picture Day preferences.
- Review Lifetouch's reminder tools that make it easy to reach out to parents in a variety of ways. Choose the right tools for your needs.
- Talk with students about what to expect on Picture Day. Consider integrating a class activity into the curriculum to help prepare students and build excitement.
- Make sure to provide complete class rosters three weeks before your date to Lifetouch to ease organization on Picture Day and beyond.
Why does Lifetouch need class rosters? These days student privacy and safety is critical, so it's a valid question for educators to ask.
Class rosters are extremely helpful because they streamline organization and ensure the right information is matched up with the correct child. Rest easy knowing that this information is only used on Picture Day. Lifetouch takes extensive steps to ensure data privacy the entire time for students and staff.
In fact, Lifetouch was the first school photography company to demonstrate its commitment to keeping school data safe by signing a voluntary, enforceable, school-service-provider privacy pledge. Student safety is a top priority, and we take numerous steps to ensure a safe, enjoyable experience for students and staff, including:
- All equipment and processes are designed with student safety in mind
- Background checks on all employees who work in your center
- The best image, data and privacy practices in the industry
- Payment sites that meet or exceed the credit card industry’s strict standards for use of financial information
Can you run a Picture Day without rosters? Yes, if that's what teachers and directors prefer. However, it will take more time and effort by both the photographer and your staff. Without rosters a teacher or director has to fill out camera cards for each child on Picture Day. This creates extra steps and additional chaos that can make it difficult for young students to stay focused. If you still have questions, please ask! We want you to feel comfortable no matter what you decide.
Get your Picture Day checklist started by getting your class roster ready. Why do we ask for your rosters? It's an easy way to ensure that your Picture Day is streamlined, so we are in and out of your center in no time!