Preparing for Picture Day
As picture day nears, talk with your child about the day to help make it a fun and enjoyable experience. Your child will feel more confident knowing what to expect.
- Clothing & Toys. Choosing the right clothing helps to create great portraits. Your child can also bring their favorite toy to customize the photo. View clothing suggestions to coordinate with your backgrounds.
- Backgrounds. To achieve a successful picture day, Lifetouch Preschool Portraits offers multiple poses and backgrounds. View portrait gallery.
- Portrait Session Overview. The better prepared you are, the more you'll love your child's portraits. View example portrait session.
After Picture Day
Depending on the season and program offered, the quantity of each portrait size in the package will vary. If additional portraits are needed, it's convenient to reorder. Things to know:
- Portraits will arrive approximately 3 weeks after they are taken.
- Your preschool or center will receive the package and alert you when portraits are ready.
- You can buy more! Order more portraits online at PhotoGifts.Lifetouch.com.
- Make sure your child's clothing is clean and wrinkle-free.
- Solid colors or simple patterns work better with portrait backgrounds.
- Medium to dark shades create a timeless look.
- Soft shades enhance lighter backgrounds.
- Avoid shirts with slogans, as photo cropping can cut words in half.
- Long-sleeved shirts are best, since short sleeves can be distracting and sleeveless tops can look too casual.
- Make sure your child's shoes and socks match their outfit, as they may show in some poses.
- Feel free to wear glasses. Our photographers are trained to adjust lights and respectfully pose your child to minimize glass glare.
- Toys are welcome! Let your child bring their favorite stuffed animal, doll, or truck for their picture to customize the sitting.